GMDSS portable for survival craft.
Meets strict environmental requirements for GMDSS
The IC-GM1600E meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements. After passing those environmental tests, the IC-GM1600E retains 1m depth waterproof construction as specified by IMO resolution MSC.149(77) and other related regulations.
Superior low temperature characteristic Lithium battery pack
For survival craft use, the optional BP-234 (non-rechargeable) 3300mAh lithium battery pack provides more than 8 hours* of operating time even at –20°C.
Large keypad with positive button action
Large buttons and knobs provide tactile feedback for positive operation.
Meets MED 2014/90/EU, “Wheel mark” requirements
Wide viewing angle LCD display
A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD offers extra clear, easy to read characters. The bright LED indicator on the top of panel shows the operating condition clearly.
Easy to operate even for unskilled operators
Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel. All operations can be made with one hand.
- One touch access to Channel 16 and call channel
- Highly visible yellow colored body
- Optional VOX headset for on-board use
- Frequency range (Tx/Rx) 156.300–156.875MHz
- Dimensions (W×H×D) 65×145×44 mm
- (Projections not included)
- Weight (approx.) 385g (With BP-234)
- Current drain
- Transmit (High) 1.0A (2W output)
- Max. audio 200mA
- Sensitivity (at 12dB SINAD) –2dBμ typ.
- Intermodulation rejection 68dB
- Audio output power (10% dist./ 8Ω load) 200mW
- RF output power 2/1W
- Waterproof protection Specified as IMO Res. MSC.149(77)
- Waterproof speaker-microphone –
- VOX headset –
- Operating time (approx.) Specified as IMO Res. MSC.149(77)